Title: On Shaky Ground
Author: Andrew Grey
Release Date: June 14, 2019
Dreamspinner Press | Amazon
Martin Graham built his business from the ground up with hard work and intuition. Due to a degenerative eye disease, he’s learned to rely on his other senses to feel out the competition. To realize his dream, he just needs to broker one last deal… and finally secure an assistant.
Brock Littleton is desperate for money—desperate enough take the job no one else wants: assistant to demanding, fussy, intensely private Mr. Graham.
Everything about Brock gets under Martin’s skin in ways he never expected, making him realize a successful business isn’t the only component to a happy future. But as Martin’s deal comes together, one of the prices could be the relationship with Brock that Martin is just starting to believe could be real.
Previously published in Boundless Love Anthology by Andrew Grey, November 2018.
Continue reading “Release Day Review: On Shaky Ground by Andrew Grey (Giveaway)”
Title: Larry Boots, Exterminator
Author: John Inman
Release Date: June 4, 2019
Dreamspinner Press | Amazon
Kenny Long is living a new life. Blinded in an accident, he has taken control of his unexpected reality the best way he can, and it’s working out better than he hoped.
Of course Larry Boots doesn’t know any of that. All he sees is a beautiful man sitting on a park bench.
Larry has a few problems of his own: his mother. His job. The lack of romance in his life.
His job. In the course of that job, Larry strikes up a friendship with Kenny. The next thing he knows, he’s so head-over-heels in love, even his mother doesn’t seem so bad. Of course his career is still a problem, but he’s working on that. Hopefully he’ll have the problem resolved before the man he’s being paid to murder succeeds in murdering him first.
And before the man he loves finds out he’s a cold-blooded killer.
Continue reading “Release Day Review ~ Larry Boots, Exterminator by John Inman (Giveaway)”
Hi, this is Kim Fielding. I’m here to share the top 5 things I loved about writing my new book, Redesigning Landry Bishop.
- Researching Hollywood Hills houses. I began my work for this book researching houses in the Hollywood Hills, which is where Landry Bishop lives. I wanted to make his home as realistic as possible. My own living arrangements are decidedly more modest, but it was great fun to see how the other half lives. In case you are wondering, Landry has a lovely midcentury modern home with a pool house and a view.
- Research Martha Stewarty stuff. Landry is sort of a Martha Stewart type. He writes and appears on TV shows with advice on crafts, décor, clothing, and food. As I was working on the book, I spent a lot of time thinking about what kinds of projects Landry might work on and what recommendations he’d make to his fans. This meant spending a lot of time on lifestyle blogs. Just as I don’t live in an LA mansion, I’m not exactly renowned for my fashion sense or innovative ideas on decorating. But it sure is a lot of fun to dream.
- The ridiculous meal. One of the scenes takes place in a (fictional) pretentious restaurant—the kind that serves beautifully plated weird foods in minuscule portions. It’s the kind of place Landry is used to, but not his new personal assistant, Jordan. And Jordan isn’t the type to remain silent when he finds something funny. I had great fun writing this scene.
- Watching Landry loosen up. When the book begins, Landry is a workaholic who keeps himself on a pretty tight leash. Although he knows how uptight he can be, he’s not sure what to do about it. Jordan, however, is a good influence, helping Landry gradually loosen up and become more comfortable with his true self. My characters feel very real to me, so I enjoyed seeing Landry go through this process.
- Elaine and Aunt Trudy. I really love writing secondary characters, and these two are among my favorites. Elaine is Landry’s PA, a blunt-talking, forceful woman—now about to retire—who’s been steering Landry on the right path for years. Speaking of steering, I especially love Elaine when she’s navigating Los Angeles traffic. Trudy is Landry’s aunt, the matriarch of a family that’s been in a small Nebraska town for generations. She’s a hard woman to say no to—and she has some secret plans that involve Landry. That means he’s going to have to return to his hometown for the first time in years, where he’ll face some truths about himself and his future.
Continue reading “Blog Tour: Redesigning Landry Bishop by Kim Fielding (Guest Post + Excerpt + Giveaway)”
Title: Redesigning Landry Bishop
Series: Stars from Peril: Book 2
Author: Kim Fielding
Release Date: May 21, 2019
Category: Dreamspun Desires, Contemporary
Dreamspinner Press | Amazon
Love never goes out of style.
Landry Bishop fled his tiny hometown and never looked back. Now his expertise in food, fashion, and décor has earned him all of Hollywood’s glittering perks. But with his husband deceased and his personal assistant retired, Landry has nobody to rely on—and no one to help him indulge his secret cravings.
Casual, plainspoken Jordan Stryker seems a dubious choice of a PA for someone as formal and self-controlled as Landry. Jordan’s questionable fashion sense and limited kitchen skills don’t exactly enhance his résumé. But as Landry soon realizes, Jordan has many attractive qualities too.
With a strong pull toward Jordan, new career opportunities on the horizon, and a persistent tug from family back home, Landry is in a quandary. He can advise others on how to make their lives special, but what should he do about his own?
Continue reading “Release Day Review: Redesigning Landry Bishop by Kim Fielding (Giveaway)”
Series: Green Creek: Book 2
Author: TJ Klune
Narrator: Kirt Graves
Release Date: December 6, 2018
Length: 20 hours, 18 minutes
Dreamspinner Press | Audible US
Sequel to Wolfsong
A Green Creek Novel
Gordo Livingstone never forgot the lessons carved into his skin. Hardened by the betrayal of a pack who left him behind, he sought solace in the garage in his tiny mountain town, vowing never again to involve himself in the affairs of wolves.
It should have been enough.
And it was, until the wolves came back, and with them, Mark Bennett. In the end, they faced the beast together as a pack… and won.
Now, a year later, Gordo has found himself once again the witch of the Bennett pack. Green Creek has settled after the death of Richard Collins, and Gordo constantly struggles to ignore Mark and the song that howls between them.
But time is running out. Something is coming. And this time, it’s crawling from within.
Some bonds, no matter how strong, were made to be broken.
Continue reading “Audiobook Review ~ Ravensong by TJ Klune (Giveaway)”
Covet Thy Neighbor
Series: Tucker Springs: Book 4
Author: L.A. Witt
Release Date: May 3, 2019
Welcome to Tucker Springs, Colorado, where sparks fly when opposites attract—but are some obstacles too great to overcome?
When tattoo artist Seth Wheeler meets his new neighbor, it’s like a revelation. Darren Romero is everything Seth wants in a man: hot, clever, single, and interested. For a minute he seems perfect. Then Darren drops the bomb: he moved to Tucker Springs to be a pastor at the New Light Church.
As a gay man whose parents threw him out, Seth has a strict policy of keeping believers at arm’s length for self-preservation. But Darren’s perseverance and the chemistry bubbling between them steadily wear down his defenses.
In a small town like Tucker Springs, Seth can’t avoid Darren—or how much he wants him. Which means he needs to decide what’s more important: protecting himself, or his feelings for his neighbor.
Continue reading “Release Day Review: Covet Thy Neighbor (Tucker Springs #4) by L.A. Witt (Giveaway)”
Title: The Doctor’s Secret
Series: Copper Point Medical: Book 1
Author: Heidi Cullinan
Release Date: April 23, 2019
Goodreads • Publisher • Audbile • Ripped Bodice • Barnes & Noble • Google Play Ebook • Google Play Audio • iTunes • Kobo (US) • Kobo (Canada) • Amazon (US) • Amazon (Canada) • Amazon (UK) • Powells
The brilliant but brooding new doctor encounters Copper Point’s sunny nurse-next-door… and nothing can stand in the way of this romance.
Dr. Hong-Wei Wu has come to Copper Point, Wisconsin, after the pressures of a high-powered residency burned him out of his career before he started. Ashamed of letting his family down after all they’ve done for him, he plans to live a quiet life as a simple surgeon in this tiny northern town. His plans, however, don’t include his outgoing, kind, and attractive surgical nurse, Simon Lane.
Simon wasn’t ready for the new surgeon to be a handsome charmer who keeps asking him for help getting settled and who woos him with amazing Taiwanese dishes. There’s no question—Dr. Wu is flirting with him, and Simon is flirting back. The problem is, St. Ann’s has a strict no-dating policy between staff, which means their romance is off the table… unless they bend the rules.
But a romance that keeps them—literally—in the closet can’t lead to happy ever after. Simon doesn’t want to stay a secret, and Hong-Wei doesn’t want to keep himself removed from life, not anymore. To secure their happiness, they’ll have to change the administration’s mind. But what other secrets will they uncover along the way, about Copper Point… and about each other?
Continue reading “Blog Tour: The Doctor’s Secret (Copper Point: Medical Series #1) by Heidi Cullinan (Review+Guest Post+Giveaway)”